FAQ  •  Login

Day 3 (Nov 23-26)

<<

Comstar

Post Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:07 pm

Day 3 (Nov 23-26)

The ship was abuzz with rumor and speculation as word spread through the ship. Leadership spent the majority of the night in conference, and certain facts were now well known.

There was a mystery dropship coming. They'd fought against a local pirate gang and not completely destroyed them, but definitely delivered a staggering blow. The repairs were underway and things were... upbeat, but worried.

Word of scattered discoveries were coming in, and an old urban combat vehicle had been recovered - morale was shaky, but up. The perimeter was growing more solid as a second fence was built around the first, to create a buffer zone, and a temporary garage was erected. The ground crew had made real progress, and the techs and astechs had managed to work with the ship crew to clean up the engine damage. The repairs could begin sooner than expected, and though they were expected to be time consuming, there was at least the promise that it would be possible, and the ship wasn't going to collapse any further.

In many ways the day seemed a chance to regain balance and resolve lingering issues before the metaphorical storm arrived, following on the heels of the literal one.

Lucretzia Winters, perhaps feeling the opportunity had arrived, directed her own people to start investigating the Gate, so that they could get a better handle on that lead, since the ghost signal was proving elusive.

--------

Weather: The storm front arrived. Slow and steady rain begins falling in the LM and continues to come down through the day and into the night, slowly turning the ground to mud and steadily soaking through anything and anyone left uncovered for more than a few moments. The temperature hovered near 69 Fahrenheit (20.5C), and a strong wind blew from the south-west.

Events:

Go To Hell -- EM
Cashflow issues -- LM
Divided Loyalties -- LE

Special Rules: Players may post in any region except Limbo. Threads outside the Calico by members of the Echo Exploration team must include at least 1 member of the Fortunate Ones as security, or the Fortunate Ones will suffer a breach of contract. All regions outside Human Edge and the Calico start becoming increasingly muddy by the evening time slots - the salvage crawler can no longer safely travel by the EE time slot.

Current rules of engagement: Weapons free when encountering Slate Eater vehicles or personnel - all other locals are fire only when fired upon.
Head GM :: Only GM :: Pay your bills :: Harmless

What was lost can be found again, if you only know where to look...
<<

Comstar

Post Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:24 pm

Re: Day 3 (Nov 23-26)

Water Cooler Talk:

--- So then I started Blasting ---
Astech: Did you see that ambush? What shooting - I mean... two shots, two kills!
Sentry: I mean, one and a half. And that Hussar just dove in!
Crewman: Yes, but let's be honest, the flyover was pretty incredible. I didn't even know we had a fighter!
Astech: Yeah... that was a surprise.
Crewman: I wonder what else is hiding on board... I never really thought about it...

Sentry 1: So did you see the Lumbermech coming back? I heard they got jumped real bad. I'm amazed it was barely damaged.
Sentry 2: Didn't stop that farmer complaining for an hour and a half until Yuri promised to fix the thing. You'd think 20 tons of lumber would be repayment enough...
Sentry 1: Yeah... more importantly, from what I hear it was just a twist of bad luck that they ran into that group - they were headed here and stumbled over the logging party.
Sentry 2: Well, maybe it was good luck - kept them from launching a sneak attack on us and in the end, they roughed em up real good.
Sentry 1: True. Doubt we'll hear more from those rock eaters any time soon.

Female Astech: So that Snorri, he's kind of cute and all, but he'll make a pass at literally any woman who passes him.
Crewwoman: Yes, it sort of ruins the charm when he doles it out for everyone... and besides... that Marik. Those abs.
Female Astech: *squeal* I know. It's like having a model on board!

Crewman Bates: So then he goes and re-programs the entire board in a single sitting. It's insane - and now we're picking up stuff the system never did before. Like he built in some filtering code or something that pulls out the easily explained anomalies. It's incredible.
Crewman Dutch: Yeah but... someone actually sabotaged the sensors. Makes you wonder if that was the only thing they sabotaged. Who on earth would do that to their own ship, while still on board! A lunatic... or a zealot. Either way, I'm glad to be on solid ground until we can give the ship a full inspection.

Driver: Did you hear? They found a Star League Leopard on the coast!
Sentry: You're kidding... intact!?
Driver: Mostly. They're acting so relaxed... do they not realize how much money this could mean!? We all get a cut too! I'm going to Canopus after this, I'm telling you.
Sentry: Yeesh man, you'll be back to frozen meals in a month if you do - you can't win gambling to save your life.
Driver: Aw shut it, I'll get lucky eventually. That's how statistics works!
Sentry: ...
Head GM :: Only GM :: Pay your bills :: Harmless

What was lost can be found again, if you only know where to look...

Return to Daily Briefing - POST GAME